Sunday, June 21, 2009

The war of Intergalactic

The 5 v 2 battle took place in a system that was full of ore, ice, miners and one jump from a low sec system. With the corporation slowly growing in size we soon became over populated in the very few systems we were roaming. We decided we would seek some revenge and war dec a corp that had been resisting us from the very start. It was a 32 man corporation with their Ceo being a three year player. We were looking for a challenge and decided we would have fun and try it out for size. Expecting them to be resisting us as normal. They all hid from a corporation much less experienced then them, as well as less manned. In our response to try and get them to come out they had a neighboring alliance war declare us as well. We continued business as usual on a couple exceptions of refraining to go into a handful of systems. We were up against command ship, battleships, battle cruiser and everything in-between. We had cruisers and frigates strictly as to not be caught and then torn to pieces. About 2 weeks thought the alliances war dec on us, they started to get extremely mad that we refused to fight them seeing as they had 100 + members, all of which had being playing twice as long all of us combined. Running and trying to get manageable fights we had our eye turned to Intergalactic to come back and find them in a huge mining operation. Putting on the red alert and checking who was on, Chiro and I set off to Hent to claim some kills. Upon scanning Intergalactic down we both warped in to find a Bantam along with two Retrievers and a bunch of Hulks. I can see now that I should have locked up a retriever but I popped the bantam instead. Their return was swift with cruisers, frigates, a raven and a Interceptor . The Ceo was in the interceptor and had killed me before in it. With me just haveing an afterburner he would be able to out range me and take us both down, one by one. I ran back to station while Chiro kept them busy. Fitted a microwarp drive and returned, with much haste. The interceptor was chasing Chiro down; I warped to Chio within 0 km, put on my mwd and engaged my scram. 500 m/s was not near enough speed for him to continue to speed tank. Two or three volley’s later it was all over. It was a good try but he fitted the same load out and brought the same tactic he did last time. With a genius there is always an idiot in the bunch. For some reason the Ceo came back in a raven along with a retriever pilot to take the rest of the ore. I couldn’t resist and opened fire on the retriever. Killing a couple more ships and podding the survivors I was on a role I wasn’t going to give up so easily. Chiro and I went to the plant to see what they had next in their arsenal. First ship to warp into the belt was the Raven next a Myrmidon then a tech 1 Minmetar interceptor. I had taken on a Myrmidon from the same corporation only a couple weeks back, and thought I could get the frigate and get out fast enough. At this point and time overloading my equipment would have been ideal. While warping in I took instant fire from the frigate. The raven didn’t really do much and the myrmidon with me scrammed and webbed from the frigate tore through me like butter. If I had only one more volley in me or T2 guns I believe I could have taken the ship out and warped away and been on round four. Overall it was a fun little war, until they joined an alliance and the alliance leader contacted me. He told me it would be in my best interested to take the War dec off from Intergalactic. If they joined an alliance it would immediately have done that. The guy was fairly nice about it but he kept calling me Mr. Rifter. I felt like he was Mr. Smith and I was the one to ruin his little matrix.

No comments:

Post a Comment