Sunday, June 21, 2009

One second Enemy next Ally and Wingman

After getting power hungry and getting tired of the Ceo never being on I decided why not start a corp. Chiro came along and was my other director. Chiro and I soon set out recruiting some fighting pilots to assist us in our power hungry, dictator corporation. Me being bored for hours I decided I would start ratting and see if someone wouldn’t loot my left over wrecks. Sure enough there he was. I warped in to see a red blinking character warping off. I followed him from a couple belts until I got a lock onto him. I wasn’t really looking to kill him but test out the capabilities of my ship. I so far have only killed two ships and one of them didn’t shoot back. I convo-ed him asking him if he just wanted to fight for kicks, he obliged and we started the spiral of doom. I brought his kestrel into armor pretty fast. I shut down all but one auto cannon just to keep his tank down. Two cycles later I accidently killed him while we were chatting. He had no problem with it and I took his wreck to him where he had docked and gave it back to him in an exchange for another non-lethal fight. He showed me some cool maneuvers as well as how to scan belts as I did not know to before I met him. This Pilots name was Hergazi and I would soon trust him with my life. I offered him to join the corp. he accepted and we went off looking for something to do.

Being newer players the only way we knew how to fight was flipping a can and hopeing something would happen. Hergazi downloaded the 2D star maps and spotted a system with low moving traffic and belts galore. When we arrived I tested my on board scanning skills out while Hergazi was racing throughout the system. “Got a named Can here” were the words that shot happiness right into me. We warped in and saw a retriever and two destroyers all in the same corp with all different canisters. With only two of us we flipped two cans and sat there waiting for something to happen. There were four of their corp members in system. Soon realizing we need to get Hergazi more of a tank, we refit for some more serious Dps coming our way. We were T1 only fitting a Rifter and Kestrel. When we came back there were two destroyers and a Merlin. Hergazi and I soon look out the destroyers and the Merlin with some focused fire. It seemed that our opponents were not aware of focusing fire which soon gave way to us taking out their first wave with only my shields scratched and Hergazi’s shields at half. These people didn’t seem so eager to give up but we seemed to be fired up and couldn’t give up while the going was good. With their destroyers and frigates gone they decided to warp in a Gallente cruiser, drake and another Merlin. At this point Hergazi wasn’t agro towards them, just me. I took on the Merlin but it seemed a glitch had appeared as the Merlin disappears with only his pod remaining. He discovered that the Merlin pilot had shot at Hergazi and had concord come in and save the day without our knowledge. The drake had not fitted drones or a web so we just zoomed around for some time until we had to re-group. The only real threat was staying close to the drake and taking the Gallente Cruiser’s Drones. Unfortunately our luck had run out and they had gotten their brains back and fitted drones and a web to the Drake. I had been webbed but Hergazi was good and got away. He came back after a couple minutes to try and loot my wreck. Apparently that Gallente Cruiser’s wreck was there with no Drake to be found. We made out from the enemy’s wrecks to pay for five new half million Rifters. I would consider that a win of maybe not getting the kill mails but having destroyed all of their ships except the drake… To this day I can figure out how the Gallente Cruiser had been blown up. I could fabricate that the Drake had gotten angry that the Kestrel didn’t explode and took it out on his friend. Highly unlikely but any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment