Saturday, June 20, 2009

First Kill

There you are, you have a target lock and your heart is about to start break dancing. That first kill for a newer player like myself, was amazing. I was in a system Onuse, that I had flipped someone’s can which they took back. I of course opened fire and blew up his Mammoth. I was excited because as defenseless as the thing was it was still a kill. As I was rejoicing with some other corp-mates, the pilot I had just killed was ready for some payback. He flew a couple systems away to get his Rupture. I am a Minmetar Pilot so my ship of choice at this time was the Rifter. It was T1 fitted and only weighed is at a half a million Isk. I was brewing a pot of coffee and when I came back to see a Rupture targeting me I was very ambitious to figure out if I could take it. Throwing my little T1 afterburner on I tried to let him not track me. I got in as close and as fast I could. He of course deployed drones and was pounding me. He had a disruptor fitted and a target painter but no web…. Just a bit odd but, it help me out, so no complaints. I couldn’t just get a Mammoth when a perfectly good Rupture was just sitting there. I got my friend in a Gallente HAC to zip down there and help me out. Of course this other pilot did steal his ore back so I had 14 minutes 59 seconds to tease him until the last second my friend warps right on top of him and we took him. It was fun but sooner or later I wanted a real 1 v 1 kill. I had no idea what was in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment